Unless you try to do something
beyond what you have already mastered,
you will never grow.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you don’t like something, change it,
If you can’t change it, change your attitude
You can only grow IF you’re willing to feel
awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.
I AM trying something new. While chatting with an online friend on the phone app KIK.. I was mentioning about how lonely I’ve been feeling. I am having a hard time trying to connect with the people in my life. They suggested I go join a club to try and get out more.. and that maybe NEW people in my life will make it easier to connect with the people have been in my life for a while.
Now my work schedule doesn’t allow me to commit to anything unless it is after 9pm.. But the thought having some newness in my life really kind of…. I dunno.. struck a cord with me. I really need to try something new. I have decided to start and write an online diary of my thoughts and feelings… To sort of hold myself accountable for my actions and progress. I want to be a more positive person and I want to feel more UPBEAT.. But something is holding me back.
I need to lose weight.. and i want to with all my heart and soul.. But I’ve gotten frustrated and lost my commitment to it. I want to make new friends but I’ve given up because new places and new people make me feel really uncomfortable. I want to change so many things but I give up because I am overwhelmed. I am hoping that writing my thoughts and putting them out there can help me attain my goals and really help me to keep things sort of organized. Along the way if you’ve stumbled upon my writing I hope we can become friends and support each other 🙂
Ill post more about myself in another post but i wanted to get it out there and started.
Here are 5 Things I REALLY Suck at:
- I cant cut a frozen pizza to save my life.. It is not a life Skill i was given
- I am absolutely horrible at cleaning. I was thinking at one point to hire a family member who specializes in residential cleaning to help me out.
- I cannot wrap gifts. IF you need help wrapping your loved ones gifts over the holidays.. I AM NOT the one to call.. GIFT BAGS ALL THE WAY
- I cannot paint my nails in a single color. I can do all these really amazing designs.. But i cant for the life of me just do a simple one color nail. I always mess it up and it looks like thick gloopy crap
- I cant fold shirts. My husband just told me to never do it.